Safeguarding children and protecting them from harm is a national licensing objective. All owners/license holders and their staff should have a basic awareness of safeguarding. This includes:
- Being alert to the possibility of child abuse and neglect
- Having enough knowledge to recognise an abusive or potentially abusive event or set of circumstances
- Knowing who in the organisation to raise your concerns with
- Being competent in taking the appropriate immediate or emergency action
- Knowing how to make a referral to Children’s social care and/or the Police.