General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Camden Safeguarding Children Partnership (CSCP) is committed to the highest standard of quality information and will make every effort to ensure the accuracy of information on this website.
is committed to the highest standard of quality information and will make every effort to ensure the accuracy of information on this website.
With the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) in force from 25th May 2018, we are confirming our data protection arrangements. The GDPR has replaced the Data Protection Act 1998.
Camden Safeguarding Children Partnership (CSCP) collects and uses personal information (via its contractors) about training attendees in order to deliver its training services. In doing so, the CSCP must comply with GDPR, 2018, and equivalent legislation. This laws requires CSCP to protect personal information and control how it is used in accordance with the legal rights of the data subjects – the individuals whose personal data is held.
In summary, these state that personal data shall:
- Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met.
- Be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
- Be accurate and kept up to date.
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- Be processed in accordance with the data subjects’ rights.
- Be kept safe from unauthorised access, accidental or deliberate loss or destruction.
- Not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area, unless that country has equivalent levels of protection for personal data.
We have no cookies on our website or training portal with the exception of the standard used by Google Analytics (see paragraph below titled ‘Google Analytics’). All who receive our newsletter, promotional emails and learning and development information will have opted in with their consent and able to opt out at any time.
What personal information do you collect?
- In some areas, we may ask you to register your name, email address and relevant personal details. We will also collect information from you if complete any other forms on our site or if you contact us with comments or specific requests.
- This information is only used for the intended purpose and, if we wish to use it for any other purpose, we will ask you first.
- If you choose to complete any of our online forms, the CSCP will not use the personal information you provide us with for marketing purposes. We may pass your details on to third party service providers who are contracted to the CSCP in the course of dealing with your request. These third parties are obliged to keep your details securely, will use them only to fulfil the request and will dispose of the information at the appropriate time.
- No personal information you have given us will be passed on to third parties for commercial purposes.
- Our policy is that all information will be shared among officers and other agencies where the legal framework allows it, if this will help to improve the service you receive and to develop other services.
Our website uses Google Analytics (with the anonymiser function). Web analytics is the collection, gathering, and analysis of data about the behaviour of visitors to websites. A web analysis service collects data about the website from which a person has come, which sub-pages were visited, or how often and for what duration a sub-page was viewed. Web analytics are mainly used for the optimisation of a website and visitor behaviour patterns. For more infomation see https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
- If this privacy statement changes in any way, we will place an updated version on this page.
- By regularly reviewing this page you will ensure that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we will share it with others.
- We are under a duty to share data within the council services for effective service provision.
- We will endeavour to ensure your personal data will be processed in accordance with the Principles and Rights of GDPR 2018 which can be viewed at www.ico.org.uk