The Lighthouse provides medical, advocacy, social care, police, and therapeutic support to children and young people who have been victims of sexual abuse.
How to make a referral?
If you suspect child sexual abuse always speak with your local Children’s Social Care service or refer to the pan-London child safeguarding policy and procedures. This service is available to children and young people in Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington.
Telephone: 020 3049 0010
Monday to Friday: 9:00am–7:00pm
All services are available by a booked appointment.
Temporary change to service offer
While the long-term funding of the Lighthouse is still to be agreed by the commissioners for our services, we have made the very difficult decision that we will temporarily close our waiting list for long-term therapy and advocacy services.
- full initial assessment with the Lighthouse team including health (medical) check and emotional wellbeing assessment
- advice about the criminal justice process from our advocates and police liaison officer
- health follow up that includes physical and sexual health (screening for STIs), immunisation, contraception, sleep and relaxation work
- short term support, sign-posting to useful services and resources
- consultation, training and/or support to local wellbeing practitioners, schools, or health, voluntary sector or social care
- where appropriate parents may be able to access individual sessions and/or access to a parent psycho-education course
- some young people may be able to access group work, if they are not within the time frame of a criminal justice process
For more information, click on the links below.